6.01.2010

meet the girls

Millie (left) and Rosie (right).

I like to think we are not those people who are obsessed with their animals. We're not obsessed but the dogs are part of the family. They have funny, unique personalities that fit perfectly with our family's crazy sense of humor. They let us dress them up in clothes, inner tubes, goggles, boxers, really anything. Yes, they just sit there. They have middle names: Millie Camellia and Rosie Louise. Lizzie, my younger sister, used to dress Millie up in her baby doll clothes and push her around in a stroller. We used to paint her nails pink on occasion. Not to mention, she did wear fake pearls for years and she crosses her paws when she sits--a true lady. Rosie, on other hand, we like to say is "book smart" but has no common sense. She's not the brightest crayon in the bunch but she's sweet. (and she has my hair coloring. how fitting since they did replace me with her after they took me to college). They will bark on command to the words squirrel or cat, including cat sounds. Little rosebud is indeed "book smart" because she will respond to Rose, Rosebud, Rosie, Wienie, and Wiener. Although she will bark at her reflection in the window and piano for thirty minutes, she has conquered her fear of the life-size cardboard cut out of Elvis in our basement (no worries, he will make an appearance soon, as well).

I needed to introduce them since I have a file of funny photos that I'm sure will pop up on occasion. You'll appreciate them more if you know them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment