8.21.2010

a week's review






























This week consisted of:

1. Sitting for ten minutes parked (literally) on highway 12 in Starkville while the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally passed through town. This would only happen in a small town in Mississippi (or Alabama). And only in MS or AL would there be people lined up along the highway sitting in lawn chairs to watch the riders in their fine array of too-tight leather attire pass by.

2. I think I've been to the grocery store at least every other day. I can't get a handle on this cooking for myself every night business.

3. Called my 24 year old brother for cooking advice. He's a much better cook than I am and I love that he'll give me tips.

4. Today is my roommate's birthday. I did successfully bake a family favorite, Aunt Jane's Chocolate Cake, for us to celebrate with tonight.

5. I have to agree with my friend Molly in her response after leaving our thesis class in that she needed a stiff drink. The looming work is already piled high ahead. November 30th it will be DONE. I will be DONE. and I cannot wait.

6. Saw "The Switch" last night. The little boy was precious. He made the movie worth seeing.

7. Tomorrow I am baking "the best blueberry muffins" my grandmother has ever tasted from Cooks Illustrated. Good start to the week I believe.

Image via here.

No comments:

Post a Comment